Silverado Centennial Edition - Chevy Silverado Diesel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Silverado Centennial Edition

To celebrate 100 years of pickup trucks, Chevy is offering 2018 Silverado 1500 and Colorado Centennial Editions. You can only get them as Z71 models and the special editions comes with a coat of Centennial Blue paint, unique bowties, 100-year badges, chrome tow hooks, LTZ trim level of equipment, and a set of 22-inch painted alloy wheels with chrome inserts. Pricing has not been released yet.

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 12:53 PM

God, this Centennial edition looks good. George Springer (Baseball player) just received this Chevy as a prize to become the MVP of World Series. Lucky guy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1509620982103.jpg (65.3 KB, 1 views)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 11:25 AM

Not a bad look although in my case I would have to do something about the grille, although mono tone is nice, the Silverado can use more. A carbon fiber grille insert should do it a lot of good for those looking for more but at the same time wanting something special, not always will just painting it black be sufficient.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 01:21 PM

If I got a special edition of a car, I wouldn't modify it at all. That's why they call it "special", it was built to be special despite its advantages and disadvantages.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 05:51 PM

Its just personal preference and this is one of those things that are easy to do and undo, which makes it that much more to consider in my case. Also, lets not forget that even regular Silverados are like this, not just this special trim.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 04:21 PM

Agreed. I'm just trying to say if I was a rich and famous baseball player who received a car as a gift, I won't even touch it and leave it on a shelf (garage) like a trophy.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Here's another special Silverado, though not exactly an edition. Chevrolet just decided it would be a good idea to shoehorn a supercharged 5.3-liter V-8 under the hood for SEMA. What makes it so special is the supercharger which is the same one found in the Corvette Zo6 and Camaro ZL1ís LT4 V-8. So this specific pickup has 455 ponies on tap. Too bad it'll most likely remain a concept.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELpwr View Post
Agreed. I'm just trying to say if I was a rich and famous baseball player who received a car as a gift, I won't even touch it and leave it on a shelf (garage) like a trophy.
Wow you sure do view this thing quite highly which is far more than I imagined from anyone regardless of how much they spend on it. But lets take a moment to see how special (or not) it really is:

"coat of Centennial Blue paint, unique bowties, 100-year badges, chrome tow hooks, LTZ trim level of equipment, and a set of 22-inch painted alloy wheels with chrome inserts."

That to me sounds as special as a harley davidson edition f150, something I would drive around regardless what the conditions are.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalrunner View Post
Wow you sure do view this thing quite highly which is far more than I imagined from anyone regardless of how much they spend on it. But lets take a moment to see how special (or not) it really is:

"coat of Centennial Blue paint, unique bowties, 100-year badges, chrome tow hooks, LTZ trim level of equipment, and a set of 22-inch painted alloy wheels with chrome inserts."

That to me sounds as special as a harley davidson edition f150, something I would drive around regardless what the conditions are.
haha, you still cannot understand me

Just imagine, you're getting a huge paycheck after every game, so you can buy whatever you want and make a monster of it. Why would you use your special edition of a car to tune it, if you can buy a brand new model from dealership any day. Leave that gift as a trophy
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELpwr View Post
haha, you still cannot understand me

Just imagine, you're getting a huge paycheck after every game, so you can buy whatever you want and make a monster of it. Why would you use your special edition of a car to tune it, if you can buy a brand new model from dealership any day. Leave that gift as a trophy
Its just that rarely i have seen people limit how much these use trucks like that instead they don't treat it much different because come time to sell it, there's not much more to get in terms of dollars. However it gets a slight edge in the number of potential buyers.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page