GM to recall Silverado, Sierra - Chevy Silverado Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChevyD

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

GM to recall Silverado, Sierra

General Motors recalls Silverado, Sierra trucks to fix potential fuel leaks

GM is recalling about 49,000 trucks due to fuel tank problem. Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 3500 (from 2011 through 2015) are two recall models. Seems like the actual problem is in the low-fuel-level sensor, which can stick, causing the rear tank to over-fill the front tank. If you are an owner of those models take your time to go to the nearest dealer and talk about it.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 11:26 AM

Sounds like a problem that doesn't apply to newer models so the upcoming Silverado diesel should be safe from it. But I did learn something from all of this, that the front tank is actually malleable enough to expand.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

As any recall, I hope this one gives GM a good lesson and points on their weak sides, even though I don't find this recall as a big deal and hope that their sales won't go down.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2017, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELpwr View Post
As any recall, I hope this one gives GM a good lesson and points on their weak sides, even though I don't find this recall as a big deal and hope that their sales won't go down.
Well in a way its a big deal because this can present a fire issue and there's no question as to how bad that is. Hence why its a recall in the first place. GM is just lucky that so far there hasn't been any fires that have come up so far.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 02:12 PM

That's right! There are different types and levels of recalls and this one is definitely Class I recall that can cause death.

Class I: Recalls for products which could cause serious injury or death;
Class II: Recalls for products which might cause serious injury or temporary illness;
Class III: Recalls for products which are unlikely to cause injury or illness, but that violate FDA regulations.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 11:12 AM

Assuming most will ignore class III recalls if possible, what we hear on the news is most likely a class I or II. Thats very concerning, especially the serious injury and death portion of this... Chevy will definitely take note or have a huge class action lawsuit of multiple people are injured or die.
DIESELpwr likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyD View Post
Assuming most will ignore class III recalls if possible, what we hear on the news is most likely a class I or II. Thats very concerning, especially the serious injury and death portion of this... Chevy will definitely take note or have a huge class action lawsuit of multiple people are injured or die.
Well one factor that does help is when it comes time to sell because any buyer that knows what to look for won't waste time on a car that has out standing recalls unless the deal is too good to pass up on but then again we're talking about mainstream cars here produced in large numbers.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page