2020 Chevy Silverado HD Teased - Chevy Silverado Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigMack

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

2020 Chevy Silverado HD Teased

It looks like Chevy will continue the trend of launching a next gen HD truck, the year after its 1/2 ton. While we haven't been given any specs regarding the 2500HD and 3500HD, Chevy is giving us an early look at their updated styling. It looks like these models will sport a Chevrolet emblem in the grille, rather than the traditional bowtie.
wyattdarren likes this.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 01:58 PM

The large Chevrolet lettering in the front does give the bumper a more aggressive look, kind of gels with the hood intake vent and the unique grille design. Looks like there's a shark fin antenna on the roof too.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyD View Post
The large Chevrolet lettering in the front does give the bumper a more aggressive look, kind of gels with the hood intake vent and the unique grille design. Looks like there's a shark fin antenna on the roof too.
Its part of a trend we will have to get used to. Already Ford and RAM have done this to levels that either completely turn people off or make them like these trucks even more. Too bad that in Fords case only the Raptor version get these bolder design cues.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

It's definitely a welcomed change over the traditional look. From some of teaser images we've seen lately from Ford, it looks like they might be expanding this design onto the upcoming Bronco as well. It looks like its also available as an aftermarket mod, as I've seen it put on Ecosports and baseline Rangers.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 11:55 AM

Sometimes full letters can turn people off depending on how large they are and how well they fit to the surrounding design. Most cases, from what I've seen, they're usually located on the tailgate and some people do their best to remove those because of how much it stands out on a smooth surface. Maybe this method will prove to be a hit more than an eyesore.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyD View Post
Sometimes full letters can turn people off depending on how large they are and how well they fit to the surrounding design. Most cases, from what I've seen, they're usually located on the tailgate and some people do their best to remove those because of how much it stands out on a smooth surface. Maybe this method will prove to be a hit more than an eyesore.
Typically on higher end models that have a certain theme attached to them get the least negative feedback on design, that was the case with the RAM Rebel from what i noticed. However at the same time it seems that consumers was the "loud" styling that was common decades ago even on entry level pick-ups.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 11:55 AM

I'm just imagining those letters on the redesigned 2019 Silverado 1500's front end and it may look better than the bow tie that's currently there. With how much space there are on either side of the badge, a longer letter will do a better job of filing that in.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 01:48 PM

If the come out with the Reaper, I hope that name is stamped onto the front end similar to what we're seeing here. Being less letters it should look bolder and thus better fit the theme of a Raptor rival. Sure beats the bowtie front end seen here or on new Silveardos:

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

I'm really not a fan of the front fascia on the Reaper, though it is offered with some impressive powertrains. Cant say I've ever seen one of these things on the road though, so I'm not sure this panned out to properly rival that of the F150 Raptor.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMack View Post
I'm really not a fan of the front fascia on the Reaper, though it is offered with some impressive powertrains. Cant say I've ever seen one of these things on the road though, so I'm not sure this panned out to properly rival that of the F150 Raptor.
Thankfully it was just a design part of the ideation process that now has little to no relevance. My confidence in a better design grew after seeing what the new Trailboss looked like and its impressive. I can't wait to see how they can build on it:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page